Multiple Awards Won At the 2016 Make-A-Wish National Conference
It is with great pride that the North Texas chapter of Make-A-Wish announces having been recognized with an impressive array of awards at last week’s Make-A-Wish national conference held in Phoenix, Arizona,
“It is only with the support of our wonderful communities across the chapter that what we do is possible” said Scotty Landry, CEO. “We share the honor with each and every Wish Family, volunteer donor and sponsor.”
The national conference brings together chapters from around the United States, and the world, to realign, share stories and plan for the future. And each year, outstanding achievement is recognized via awards in a variety of categories that highlight chapter accomplishments.
Make-A-Wish North Texas was honored to be included in 6 different categories of excellence.
- Lori Schultz-Betancourt Indomitable Spirit Award
- Make-A-Wish North Texas is extremely proud to announce that Wish Kid Janvi Shahi was awarded the Lori Schultz-Betancourt Indomitable Spirit Award. This award honors an individual who embodies the essence of an “indomitable spirit” and possesses the qualities of persistence, bravery, compassion, integrity, and dedication. Janvi received her wish right here in North Texas at just 4 years of age. Since then she dedicated herself to supporting the wishes of other Wish Kids. Through her beautiful art, at only 18, Janvi has been able to raise nearly $100,000! Let her dedication be an inspiration to us all.
- National Corporate Engagement Award
- Awarded to chapters that have gone above and beyond to successfully activate a national sponsorship program to help achieve sponsor goals and objectives.
- Wish Achievement Award
- Awarded to chapters reporting year-over-year growth in mission achievement. We are ever aspiring to grant the wishes of EVERY eligible child.
- Fundraising Achievement Award:
- Awarded to chapters reporting year-over-year growth in fundraising achievement.
- Wish Fulfillment Fund Partnership Award:
- Awarded to chapters who have donated to the Wish Fulfillment Fund during the last fiscal year.
- Chris Greicius Celebrity Award:
- Here in North Texas we know the Dallas Cowboys’ contributions to Make-A-Wish are significant. It was thrill to see them presented with this award given to the entertainment and sports community, either through individuals or entities who go above and beyond in wish granting and/or supporting the organization through awareness and fundraising.
On behalf of all the people who give generously and work tirelessly, we humbly accept the recognition and channel our excitement into our aggressive goals for the coming year. We aim to grant the wishes of EVERY eligible child.
About Make-A-Wish® North Texas
Make-A-Wish North Texas grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. Since our inception in 1982, more than 9,500 wishes have been granted throughout the 161 counties we serve. Our goal is to be a unique part of the treatment process. With doctors providing the medicine, and Make-A-Wish supplying the magic, we strive to create miracles in the lives of some very extraordinary children. For more information on Make-A-Wish North Texas, please visit www.ntx.wish.org.