Kids For Wish Kids® is a Make-A-Wish® program that enables students to discover philanthropy by selecting their own fundraising project and managing it from start to finish. Kids do it all – from brainstorming fundraising ideas and developing a plan of action, to seeing their idea come to life while teachers and parents often serve as advisors. Students develop leadership skills, build self-esteem and learn about teamwork while working towards a final goal, making a difference in the life of a child who is fighting overwhelming odds.
Kids For Wish Kids program objectives:
- Increase awareness among children and teenagers about the mission of Make-A-Wish
- Encourage young people to become actively involved in fulfilling wishes through Make-A-Wish
- Foster the value of community service, using this program as a hands-on learning experience for children
- Create school spirit and help students learn how to work together for a common goal
In addition to helping in getting wished granted, students walk away with a better understanding of community service, leadership skills, money management, school spirit, and entrepreneurship.
- Organize a holiday party, a dance, a bowl-a-thon or walk-a-thon
- Organize a bake sale or a carwash
- Sell Make-A-Wish Holiday Cards
You can try one of these ideas or devise a project on your own. The opportunities to get involved and raise funds for Kids For Wish Kids are endless!
Putting the “fun” in fundraising, Kids for Wish Kids offers youngsters a unique opportunity to raise money for some very special children - Make-A-Wish kids. Kids for Wish Kids is an educational program that enables students to work together and develop leadership skills while raising money for a great cause. With the assistance of parents, teachers, and community leaders Kids for Wish Kids provides students and young people the opportunity to be creative and manage their own fundraiser from start to finish.
Tell us about your fundraising idea or activity!
If you want to join in the fun and raise money to help grant wishes, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.