We depend on people like you
Do you have a few hours each week? Maybe a few days each week? Then you can help bring the rejuvenation of wish experiences to kids with life-threatening medical conditions. You can join a network of more than 25,000 caring people nationwide who make it possible for
Make-A-Wish® kids to live their one true wish.
We depend on people like you! We match volunteers to positions based on ability, interests and availability. Consider your goals, skills and purpose when you volunteer for the opportunity that best suits you. Note: Many volunteer positions require a background check plus ongoing training.
- Special Events – Make-A-Wish North Texas relies primarily on fundraising and development to provide the resources necessary to fulfill the wishes of the children in our area. We have many events and fundraisers throughout the year, usually in the evenings or on weekends, that need volunteers who are willing to work a two-to-three hour shift.
- Wish Granter – Wish granters are trained individuals who meet with our children to determine their wish. These volunteers work closely with the Make-A-Wish staff to make each wish come true. Most wish granters meet with their families in the evenings or on the weekends. Wishes can be granted in just several days, or may take up to a year to complete. A specialized training program is provided before contact is made with a wish family. We are currently looking for wish granters who are fluent in both English and Spanish. We serve a large percentage of Spanish speaking with families, and with out Spanish speaking wish granters, we are not able to to quickly meet the needs of those Spanish speaking families. If you are fluent in both English and Spanish, please consider becoming a wish granter.
- Wish Ambassador – Wish Ambassadors are an important public relations and fundraising tool used to inform the community about Make-A-Wish and our mission. These volunteers usually speak to community groups throughout the year, mostly in the early morning, noon or late evening. Additional training is also required to become a Wish Ambassador.
- Administrative/Office Assistant – Administrative volunteers provide much of the necessary hands-on work needed to coordinate Make-A-Wish projects. Duties may include data entry, phone calls, making copies and preparing mail-outs. Without administrative volunteers, it would not be possible for all the work that must be done to be completed. Volunteers interested in this position must be available during our office hours.
- Translator/Interpreter Help facilitate wish experiences for non-English-speaking families. Translators have the option of becoming fully-trained wish granting volunteers, or they can provide short-term support on an as-needed basis.
- Kids For Wish Kids® – Sometimes the biggest donor doesn't have to be so big! Our Kids For Wish Kids Program helps school aged children discover the importance of philanthropy and community service. This program is about kids helping other kids. Adult volunteers are needed to personally contact teachers and principals in all areas. The students and teachers will organize the fundraisers, but we need volunteers to make the initial contact with the schools. The time commitment will be minimal and the rewards are priceless!
To get started today, complete our volunteer application process.