Kids For Wish Kids puts kids & teens in charge. They take the lead to brainstorm fundraising ideas, create action plans, and manage everything from start to finish. Teachers often serve as advisors, but ownership of the project belongs to the students involved. Taking ownership helps students see how their hard work and enthusiasm can transform the lives of kids in their community.
In addition to giving students the opportunity to help grant wishes for kids battling critical illnesses, Kids For Wish Kids can unite your school community and create a better understanding of community service, leadership skills, money management, school spirit, and entrepreneurship.
Kids For Wish Kids program objectives include:
- Increasing awareness among kids & teens about the mission of Make-A-Wish
- Encouraging young people to become actively involved in fulfilling wishes through Make-A-Wish
- Fostering the value of community service, using this program as a hands-on learning experience
- Helping students learn how to work together for a common goal
- Organize a danceathon, walkathon, readathon, bowl-a-thon, or any other type of ‘thon you can think of!
- Hold a Miracle Minute during a school assembly, sporting event, or other gathering and see how much money you can collect in just one minute by passing buckets through the audience!
- Have a Wish Week with different mini-fundraisers and awareness activities each day!
- Fundraise online through our Wish Your Way page to reach friends & family near and far!
Putting the “fun” in fundraising, Kids For Wish Kids offers students a unique opportunity to raise money for some very special children - Make-A-Wish kids. You can try these project ideas or create some of your own. The opportunities to get involved and raise funds for Kids For Wish Kids are endless!
Ready to get started?
To join in the fun and raise money to help grant wishes, please follow the 3 easy steps below. We’re excited to hear from you!
1. Download and review our Kids for Wish Kids Program Toolkit. You can also download it by clicking the “Get Involved!” button under the toolkit image on the upper-right side of this page. It includes all the information you need to know about granting wishes at your school!
2. Submit your contact information using this FORM.
3. Questions? Please reach out to email@example.com. We’re here to help!